I am happy to extend an invitation to travel bloggers who would like to visit Bristol to stay with me. At certain times of year I have a room free in my house in Bristol, in the west of England – see below for details of availability.
What’s the deal?
I’m happy to invite you to stay for up to 2 days at no charge, providing you plan to write about Bristol and perhaps can offer a guest article for publication on my blog. For stays longer than 2 days, I can offer you a room at a nominal cost of £25 per room per night, around the price of a hostel. You might like to consider using us as a base for exploring the west of England, if you are a long-term traveller or making an extended tour of the UK or Europe.
What’s on offer if you stay with us?
- A private room in my family home
- Next to the bedroom there is a shower room
- There is room for a couple and we can also provide an extra mattress if you are 2 singles or have a child
- Fast wifi connection in the bedroom and throughout the house
- You are welcome to do your laundry and share our kitchen
- We are a friendly family and welcome you to socialise with us
- We can provide you with plenty of information about things to enjoy in Bristol, and show you around when we are not working
- The bus at the end of our road can take you in 15 mins to the centre of Bristol
- There are easy transport connections from our house to the station and Bristol airport
Where will I stay?
I have 2 spare rooms in our family home – both are the same size but one has a single bed, the other a double bed;
Single Bed Room
This is my son’s bedroom who is away at university. When he is away I can sometimes make this room available for short stays. The room has a single bed and we can put another mattress on the floor if there are 2 people. The room is on the 2nd floor and overlooks the quiet residential road at the front.
Availability: Not available during Christmas, Easter or summer holidays. Sometimes available for short stays outside these times at weekends or mid-week. Normally I would book this room a couple of weeks before, so that I can check my son won’t be home.
Please e-mail me to discuss your plans and room availability – heather(at)heatheronhertravels(dot)com
Double bed room
We normally have a lodger in this room, but in the summer he goes home and we can make this room available for guests. In this room there is cupboard and wardrobe space to store your things as well as a desk for working. This room has a comfortable double bed, is on the 2nd floor and overlooks our garden at the back.
Availability: Normally in the summer holidays, occasionally at Easter.
Specific dates available; 30 July-20 August 2013
Please e-mail me to discuss your travel plans and room availability – heather(at)heatheronhertravels(dot)com
Here are some of the things that you might enjoy when you visit Bristol;
- A walk around the Harbourside with many galleries, museums and cafes
- Shopping and great restaurants on Park Street, near our beautiful Cathedral
- A street-art tour of Nelson Street and Stokes Croft to see out-door street-art galleries
- Bristol is a great cultural centre – see a play at the Old Vic, a musical at the Hippodrome or a concert at the Colston hall
- There are plenty of music venues and nightclubs in Bristol
- Buy a picnic and relax in one of the many public parks
- Wander around Clifton Village, admire the Georgian architecture and enjoy the village atmosphere with shops and cafes
- Walk across the Clifton Suspension bridge, the iconic landmark of Bristol
- You can take a day trip by train to the historic city of Bath
- Cardiff, the capital of Wales is an hour away by train
- Oxford, the famous university town is 1.5 hours by train
- Stratford upon Avon, home of Shakespeare is 2.5 hours by coach
- We are 2 hours by train or coach from London
- Devon and Cornwall with beautiful beaches, cliff walks, plenty of outdoor activities, stunning countryside are 2 hours away by car
We’d love to introduce you to Bristol, so do get in touch if you’d like to come visit.