My first introduction to ski-ing was in my twenties when I spent a season as an au-pair in the French Alps. I remember being taken up the mountain as a complete novice only to tumble my way down the slopes through fresh powder on what felt like a black run but was probably only blue. Since then we’ve had quite a few happy family ski holidays and my kids have grown up as keen skiers and snowboarders, while I’ve been happy to potter down the easier runs, stopping now and then for a chocolat chaud.
I think the luxurious Le Chardon Ski Chalets in Val d’Isere would suit me down to the ground, providing a comfortable and stylish bolthole to retreat to, leaving the rest of the family to get on with the serious business of ski-ing. The five luxury catered ski chalets sleep between 10 and 20 people, offering a ski-in, ski-out location and access to the 300km of pistes of Val d’Isere and the neighbouring resort of Tignes. If you fancy a luxurious ski break you could win a chalet holiday for two in the Le Chardon competition which you can enter here – more details of that in a moment. But first let’s take a closer look at what your ski holiday could look like this year….
Why Val d’Isere?
Here are just a few of the reasons to choose Val d’Isere for your skiing holiday this year;
- At an altitude of 1850 metres it has one of the longest winter ski seasons in Europe, from the end of November to the first week of May.
- The Espace Killy ski area, comprising Val d’Isere and neighbouring Tignes offers 300km of marked pistes with something for everyone, from the complete beginner to the advanced skier.
- The resort is easy to access from Geneva Airport with multiple flights from the UK each day.
- If you have members of your group who are less committed ski-ers (hands up here) there’s plenty to keep them happy from husky sleigh rides, ice skating and cross-country ski, to swimming and spa at the Centre Aquasportif.
If you already mentally enjoying your 7 night luxury ski holiday at Le Chardon Mountain Lodges, head over to the competition page now to enter. Meanwhile, here are a few more reasons to choose Le Chardon for your ski holiday;
Why Le Chardon Mountain Lodges?
- Each of the five mountain lodges is individually styled with luxury touches like marble en suite bathrooms, crisp bedlinen, gorgeous textiles, natural wood and stone and of course a cozy fire burning.
- You’ll be pampered by a team of professional staff in each chalet including a chef, chalet manager, chalet hosts, in-resort concierge and chauffeur service.
- Le Chardon is a family-run business offering personal service and extra flexibility for any special guest requirements.
- Your stay will be a gastronomic experience, using local produce like the cheese from the cows that graze in front of the chalets, including cooked breakfast and afternoon tea, champagne and canapés, 3 course gourmet evening meal, with an open bar of wines, beers and spirits.
- The chalets are in a ski-in, ski-out location on the side of the Solaise mountain offering access to the whole Espace-Killy ski area of Val d’Isere and Tignes.
- The chalets offer hot tubs, sauna and treatment rooms where beauty and spa treatments can be arranged.
So unless you need any more convincing, head over to enter the competition on the link below.
Enter to win a 5 star chalet holiday with Le Chardon
In order to enter to win this luxury chalet holiday you’ll need to watch the video below and answer a simple question on the competition page.
- Transfers from Geneva Airport to Le Chardon Mountain Lodges
- 7 nights luxury lodge accommodation for two (sharing a room)
- 6 nights catered chalet board (coffee/tea in bed, cooked & continental breakfast, afternoon tea, gourmet five course evening meal and open bar including champagne, house wine, beers and spirits)
- Pre-arrival and in-resort concierge
- Dedicated chalet team and in-resort chauffeur service to 2am
- 1 week ski hire for two from Oxygene
- Note: you need to cover your own flight to Geneva and any ski lessons your require.
- Dates of accommodation can be chosen from: 24th Jan – 31st Jan ’16, 31st Jan – 7th Feb ’16, 7th Feb – 14th Feb ’16 and 20th Mar – 27th Mar ’16.
- Entries close on 31st October 2015 at midnight and the winner will be announced by the 6th November 2015.
Best of luck!
For more information or to book your luxury ski holiday with Le Chardon Mountain Lodges head over to their Website or follow them on social media: Twitter @lechardon | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube| LinkedIn | Pinterest |
This article is originally published at Heatheronhertravels.com. This article is brought to you in partnership with Le Chardon Mountain Lodges and I was sponsored to help promote the competition. Read the original article here
You’ll also find our sister blog with tips on how to build a successful travel blog at My Blogging Journey